If you are a college student, your smartphone could be one of the most valuable tools you own. While there are many apps available to accomplish just about anything you could think of, there are four that are especially valuable for project management.
1. iTunes University – This iOS-only app provides course material from a long list of colleges and universities around the world.
2. Dictionary.com – Many vocabulary apps are limited to a few thousand words; Dictionary.com boasts 2,000,000.
3. Skype – It’s not just for calling home on the weekends; Skype is also ideal for connecting with professors of online courses.
4. Quizlet – Millions of flash cards on hundreds of topics. If that’s not enough, you can also make your own.
- iPhone users should know that the iTunes University has a phenomenal array of curriculum and course materials, available for mobile phone users.
- Wordsmiths should know that Dictionary.com vaults over the usual word limits generally found in vocabulary apps, having instead a stunning 2000,000 word usages for the word enthusiast.
- Quizlet is a test preparedness app, featuring flash cards for a large number of topics, including project management.
“If you’re more of a visual learner, you can use audio and video in your flashcard sets as well, to make the learning experience more varied.”