In recent posts we discussed how we came about Dooster and how it began to evolve. We also discussed that we would go into a little more detail on some of the features you get with using Dooster for your online project management and how they can benefit you.
With Dooster you not only get the ability to measure all of your tasks and their deadlines, but you get automated updates on what is due and when. A task cannot be simply pushed aside, the user will be reminded, as defined, until the task is checked off as complete.
Now scheduling tasks is one thing, but managing and tracking them is another and Dooster has a firm grip on just that. Dooster has several features that allow it to keep a firm grip on each task to ensure that it is completed in a timely manner.
Some of Dooster’s Features that Help You Manage Your Projects
1. You have the ability to assign and involve other people in any number of tasks. This is a bonus to the project manager as they can ensure that each person in the project has been assigned their tasks.
2. The project manager can set alerts and reminders so that there is no excuse that one who is assigned a task did not know about a deadline approaching.
3. Commenting on tasks allows for team members to keep a social atmosphere all within the system itself. Plus there’s a log in the task history.
4. Task lists can be made comprising several different tasks. These task lists can be templatized and are easily moved around from one task list to another.
5. Deadlines with progress meters measure the amount of tasks finished to the total amount of tasks. This works similar to a gantt chart yet without all the complexities.
6. Team members can take the project to a visual overview by using the mindmap feature to visualize the project and to use for presentations.
7. File and data storage allows for the project team to keep all documents related to the project in one centralized place with permission setting capabilities and also the ability to attach documents to specific tasks for easy reference.
8. The ability to put permissions on all areas of Dooster to ensure that only the right people are seeing the right areas that pertain to them and keeping some pieces of the project confidential if needed or to simply keep unnecessary information from cluttering a team members workspace if it is not needed.
9. Email integration is a feature that sets Dooster apart from most other competitors. The ability to easily integrate the Dooster “Dmail” platform with your current email provider with no switchover hassle. The user interface is similar to that of other commonly used email providers. Emails can now be associated with projects and tasks to better keep information within the project and not scattered about on different platforms.
We love your comments and look forward to hearing what you have to say. If you liked this post, leave us a comment below and then tweet and bookmark it so others can enjoy as well.
Thanks for reading!